Thursday, May 13, 2010

Extra! Extra!

There's a challenge over at the CARDS blog to create something using product that's over a year old.  I've been cardmaking for about a year now, so I just looked through some of my earliest supply purchases...and gave myself the tsk tsk of shame seeing how much product I haven't used yet!  Goodness gracious. ;o)

I decided to use some fun October Afternoon stuff I had left to make this card:


 
:o)
Quite fun to make!  Aside from the red cardstock and paper clip, the materials I used are from the Hometown collection.  The file folder shape is a die-cut that came in the collection, and I just attached folded cardstock to the back to create the card base.  I love doing that -- it's a quick way to make fun shaped cards! :o)  The "Extra! Extra! Read all about it!" is a journaling card that I cut so that I could arrange the pieces at different angles.  The crossword and lady are pieces that I cut out from patterned paper from the collection.  I love doing that, too -- it's a fun way to use patterned paper! :o)