Saturday, May 31, 2014

Edgar's Mission Week: A Card Inspired by Blossom

Hope you guys have enjoyed my theme week for Edgar's Mission Farm Sanctuary!  I've really enjoyed making these projects, and for somebody who is not usually a regular blogger, this theme week idea really worked in pushing me to blog more!  Of course, that has more to do with the cause and trying to help spread the word about it.  I mean, I make a lot of stuff and always enjoy making these things, but I usually don't feel a push to share everything.  So I'm really doing this for the animals! :o)  If even a few people click on some of those links and read about Edgar's Mission, it will be worth it to me.

Today's project was inspired by a cow named Blossom. :o)  I read the page about her weeks ago, and there was something about her that just stuck with me.  And the pictures of her giving her friends nose smooches?  Just makes me happy to see. :o)  She's in their Best Buddy Program, so you can sponsor her if you'd like!  Check out this video in which Blossom makes appearances with some of her friends at Edgar's Mission!

:o)

Here's the card that Blossom inspired me to make!


:o)
I used the cow image from the On The Farm stamp set from Stampendous!  You'll see that the stamp image has lines on the cow's face, so I couldn't make the face of the cow look like Blossom's [she doesn't have the brown around her eyes].  I guess I could've just left those areas uncoloured, though I'm not sure if the cow's face would then look like I just forgot to finish colouring!  On her body, you can see that I coloured outside the lines of the stamp image to try to make the cow look more like Blossom. :o)  The cute punny sentiment is from the Critters on the Farm stamp set from Lawn Fawn. 

Before I go, I'd like to re-share some of the links I posted on Monday:
  • You can help support Edgar's Mission by visiting their online shop, where they also have links for making donations!  All pricing is in Australian dollars [AUD]. 
  • Here is a quick link to their donation page.  There are more donation options, which you can find here!
  • If you'd like to make regular monthly donations, visit this page
  • If you'd like to sponsor a member of the Edgar's Mission family, check out their Best Buddy Program!  For just an extra $5, you can get your Welcome Pack by snail mail -- just check the "Postal Buddy Pack" box when signing up on the individual animal's page!  

If you think you might be able to help, I'm sure it would mean so much to the animals at Edgar's Mission and to the folks who care for them!

Thanks for stopping by this week! :o)