Friday, May 30, 2014

Edgar's Mission Week: Inspired by the Ducks at Edgar's Mission

I'm continuing on with my Edgar's Mission Farm Sanctuary week today!  First, I wanted to share this heartwarming video about friendship...


So moving to me! :o)

My card for today was inspired by the duck residents at Edgar's Mission -- ducks like Phantom [who can be sponsored in their Best Buddy Program!], Lorne Duck, Lone Ranger [who is also in their Best Buddy Program!], Huey, Louie, Dewey and Joy, Selena Duck, Candy, Miss Puddleduck, Boris Yeltsin, Manuel, Dawn Fraser, Dame Edna, Daffy and Xena, Sir Francis Drake, and Robinson Crusoe!  I was also inspired by Quick and Quack -- there's some very important information in their blog post, so please click on over to read!

Here is the card they inspired!


:o)

I had so much fun making this card!  Last week, I received a gift of several stamp sets from Kelly and Mike at Lawn Fawn -- thank you so much, guys, for the snail mail surprise!

For my card today, I wanted to use stamps from the #awesome stamp set in a slightly different way than they were intended.  To create my 'photograph', I used the adorable duck image and cloud from the Hello Baby stamp set.  I chose to do all of my colouring with Prismacolor pencils because I knew I wanted to draw the grass myself, and I thought pencil crayons would be more forgiving than markers.  I also just love the look you can get with pencil crayons! :D  To hang my picture, I pulled the Fanciful Frames stamp set from my craft stash so I could use that super-cute hanging nail image -- I love that little stamp!  To add a finishing touch to my card, I did a little hand-stitching with embroidery floss. :o)  

When I got the surprise from Kelly and Mike, I wanted to create projects that really featured their stamps, but I couldn't help sneaking a couple of their stamps on Monday's card!  There's a stamp with three dashed lines in the Hello Baby stamp set -- my immediate thought was to use that stamp with the cloud or umbrella images, but that stamp also works great for faux stitching!  If you're a Lawn Fawn fan, stop by on Sunday to see a few more projects!

Hope you got a smile here today!  I'll be back tomorrow with one more Edgar's Mission inspired project! :o)