Sunday, May 11, 2014

Family of Ducks

Last year, I was so happy to get a chance to see this family of ducks spending some time nearby...


Aren't they precious?  They warmed my heart and just made me feel lucky to be there. :o)


Not to worry -- the little guy directly behind his mom was not hurt!  He was doing a little turnaround. :o)


She's a great mom!  She kept a very close watch on her babies the entire time I was there.  I think she was a little wary of me at first -- she kept her distance, and her babies followed her wherever she went.  I could understand...I mean, I'd be wary, too, if some weird person was sitting nearby, smiling from ear to ear, pointing a camera at me.  Heh!  I sat there for a long time, though, and I think she eventually thought I was "okay" and wasn't there to harm them. :o)  Then she swam right up to me and warmed my heart [again]...



To all moms, I hope you had a great Mother's Day! :o)