Thursday, July 03, 2014

Fourth of July Pet Safety Tips and Feathered Hello Card!

With Fourth of July celebrations beginning soon, I wanted to share some important tips on keeping your pets safe!  A lot of pets are really frightened by fireworks, and unfortunately, many end up in shelters because they get spooked by the loud noises, run away and get lost.  Here, I've summarized some important tips offered in this article from Adopt-a-Pet.com, but please take a moment to read their full article for more in-depth information!

Fourth of July Pet Safety Tips
  • Make sure your pet's microchip is registered with your current information
  • Make sure your pet is wearing their collar with up-to-date tags and that the collar is secure
  • Keep your pet inside your home and don't bring them to Fourth of July celebrations
  • Make sure ALL doors and windows are closed and locked
  • Turn on the TV or music to help muffle the sounds of fireworks
  • Help distract your pet with a food-stuffed toy or long-lasting chew treat 

During Canada Day fireworks a couple days ago, I distracted Humble with a nice brushing with his favourite brush -- he loves that [it's part of our daily routine!], and it puts him in a really zen-like state. :o)

I hope these tips help!

And now for today's card share!  I recently received a box of my projects back from Paper Crafts [things that appeared in past issues], and I re-photographed some of them this afternoon so I could share them with you over the next week or so.  Here's a card that appeared in Stamp It! Techniques: Volume 2...


:o)
I stamped and heat-embossed the background with white embossing powder, then I inked it using sponge daubers and ink from various ink pads.  I wanted to use the solid feather images and the feather outlines, but I didn't want to cover the colours of the solid feathers up so much with the outlines, so I decided to offset them -- thought that looked kind of neat!  The feathers and letters were fussy cut and attached with foam squares.  The stamps used are from Hero Arts.

Thanks for stopping by today! :o)