Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mini Monster Gift Boxes

Here today to share these mini projects I put together using some fun stuff I received from Kelly!  I used paper from the Snow Day 6x6 paper pad and stamps from the Monster Mash and Critters in the Arctic stamp sets to make these little guys...


:o)
In yesterday's post, I showed part of a piece of paper from Snow Day -- that sheet has cute images that you can cut apart to make some fun tags.  I used small tag dies to die-cut 3 of the designs.  I wanted to decorate them with characters, but the characters needed to be small enough to fit on the tags.  The little monsters from Monster Mash were just the right size, so I thought, "Why not have monsters on holiday projects?" :D  To give two of the monsters their winter look, I used the little hat image from Critters in the Arctic!  I stamped the hats first, then masked them off before stamping the monsters.  Then there was a little fussy cutting and the ol' foam tape.  Simple and fun to make! :o)

Oh!  When I coloured in the monsters' mouths, I left a little uncoloured to give them teeth.  You may have noticed that I gave the little guy on the left a little gap in his teeth. :o)  Hee hee.

On another note, I have to say that I *love* chunky twine on miniature gift boxes. :D

Hope you got a smile here today!