Tuesday, June 23, 2015

6th Birthday Party Monster Card

Hey, folks!
Today I'd like to share this monster card that I made a while back...


:o)
How cute is that monster?  I just think he's so charming.  He's from Fancy Pants' Be Different collection, and so are the balloon die-cuts.  I love that stamp with the numbers -- it's from Jillibean Soup's Birthday Bisque clear stamp set.  I got that stamp set because of that stamp, and when I first saw the stamp, I immediately thought, "I think that will look neat fussy cut!"

I heat embossed the numbers with Ranger embossing powder in Tan.  I really like that embossing powder because it's a nice change from using white [I think the tan gives a softer look], and it suits pet-themed projects so well! :D  I coloured in the 6 with a Copic marker.

This card appeared in Paper Crafts' January 2015 issue in a category for birthday projects that featured numbers.  I remember when I first read about that category in the publication call, no ideas or supplies came to mind, so I wasn't that drawn to the category -- I thought I'd end up not making anything to submit for it.  When I looked through my craft supplies, remembered the Jillibean Soup set I had, and found some other things that stirred up some ideas, I wound up having so much fun making stuff for that category!  You just never know, eh? :o)

Thanks for stopping by!