Sunday, August 30, 2015

Spider Web Pillow Boxes [for The Paper Players Challenge PP260]

Hey, folks!

Here to share these Halloween treat pillow boxes that I put together earlier today...
 

I'm entering these in The Paper Players challenge [PP260]:
 

I chose to go diagonally and focus on Ribbon, Embossing and Sequins!  I used several of the new holiday catalogue items [available Sept. 1st] to make these:

  • Square Pillow Box Thinlits Dies
  • Happy Haunting Cardstock Pack
  • Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
  • Spider Web Doilies
  • Into the Woods 3/8" Cotton Ribbon

I love making these pillow boxes!  They're a great size for decorating.  I'm usually not that much of a doily person, but I had to get those Spider Web Doilies because they look so neat!  They're white on the back, so I thought it would be nice to really show that off against a black pillow box.

I recently got my Washi Label Punch in the mail, and I already love that thing!!  The punched labels were just the right size for my little tags there.  I brought out my Alphabet Rotary Stamp again to stamp the "BEWARE" and "DANGER" -- I love that stamp!  I used Silver Sequin Trim on my orange box, and the orange sequin trim is from the Paper Pumpkin Boo-Tifull Bags Refill Kit, which has sold out. :o(  I was hoping to get a second refill kit, too -- dang!

I covered up a lot of the embossing on my pillow boxes, so here's a clearer look at the embossing folder's design:

 

Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder from Stampin' Up!
[available Sept. 1st]

Thanks for stopping by today -- I hope to be back later with my treat bag project! :o)