Sunday, August 30, 2015

Thankful Treat Bag Featuring Acorny Thank You from Stampin' Up!

Hey, folks!

I'm back to share this treat bag I made...
 

:o)  I really enjoyed making this!  Here's a closer look...
 

This might sound a little crazy, but...

I actually like inking stamps with Stampin' Write Markers more than using Classic Stampin' Pads.  


It's true!

You might not always be able to get as solid of an impression with the markers, but I *love* the look you get -- it kind of adds to the handmade, hand-stamped look, I think.  I find the look very charming. :o)  Here I used my Early Espresso, Tangelo Twist and Rich Razzleberry markers.

The treat bag itself was made using the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies, and I die-cut the banners using Banners Framelits.  Some of the new holiday items I used are:


  • Acorny Thank You Photopolymer Stamp Set
  • Acorn Builder Punch
  • Into the Woods Designer Series Paper
  • Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper
  • Into the Woods 3/8" Cotton Ribbon

Here's a closer look at the stamp set and coordinating punch:
 

Acorny Thank You Photopolymer Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!
[available Sept. 1st]


Acorn Builder Punch from Stampin' Up! [available Sept. 1st]

This stamp set and punch will also be offered in a bundle for 15% savings.  The funny thing is, when I placed my first holiday pre-order, I wasn't drawn to this stamp set and punch very much at all.  I'm glad I decided to get them the next time around because I really loved making this project [which made me add these to my favourites from the holiday catalogue]!  And those acorns turn out super-cute. :o)

What I did with the ribbon there was a happy accident -- I had my project lying on my desk, and the ends of the ribbon were tucked underneath the treat bag.  I really liked the way it looked, so I used glue dots to secure the ribbon ends on the back of the treat bag. :D

Hope you got a smile here today, and thanks for stopping by! :o)