Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Be-leaf in Yourself Card [for The Paper Players Challenge PP261]

Hey, folks!

I'm a little late to share my card, but better late than never, right? :o)  I wanted to say thanks again to Nance for choosing my pillow boxes for the last challenge at The Paper Players!  Her kind words were very encouraging, and so I was inspired to make an encouragement card for the current challenge...


I smiled a lot when I made this card. :D  The design is similar to the card from my last post, but this card is much more kid-friendly -- or maybe it would also be good for us grown folks who need some encouragement sometime. :o)

Here's what the current challenge over at The Paper Players is all about...


This is a small card measuring 3.5" x 3.5".  The idea to make leaves into characters has been floating around in my head for a little while, along with that punny sentiment!  I have a huge, abnormal love for puns. :D  And I love googly eyes, too!  Everything is better with googly eyes. :D  When I use them, I often like to mix sizes like I did on my card -- I think they look even funnier that way!

I wrote the sentiment and drew on the mouths.  The super-cute orange paper is from my favourite paper set in the annual catalogue, Sweet Li'l Things.  I used the Washi Label Punch for the sentiment, the little bow from the Snow Place set, and Brights Candy Dots to accent them.  The cute clip with the ribbon bow is from the Thanks A Latte Refill Kit, and the embossing folder I used is the Argyle one from the Clearance Rack [I used the debossed side].

My leaf characters were created using dies from this set:


Leaflets Framelits Dies from Stampin' Up!


Hope you got a smile here today!  I'll be back later! :o)