Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Clearance Rack Crafting: Huge Congrats Card

Hey, folks!

Welcome to my first Clearance Rack Crafting post! :D  When I was considering becoming a demonstrator, I brainstormed ideas for my blog, and this was one of 'em.  I wanted to show projects made with mostly Clearance Rack products [not entirely, but mostly] because I love a good crafty deal!  And just because something isn't brand spankin' new doesn't mean it's not fun.  Here's the card I made...


Some great stuff was just added to the Clearance Rack, including the Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit, which is my choice for best deal on the Clearance Rack right now.  I got this kit a while back when I wasn't a demonstrator, and I thought it was well-priced at the regular price considering all the stuff you get.  And now the kit's only $9.99 CADWhat?!  I couldn't believe it.  Had to get myself a few more. :D  With kits, I usually like to come up with alternate ideas for the contents instead of making the cards according to the instructions, so I just used one of the card bases from the kit for my card today.


Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit from Stampin' Up!

The kit includes 20 printed kraft card bases [Stampin' Up! Note Card size, so they'll be 5" x 3.5" when folded], 20 kraft envelopes, lots of stickers, rubber stamps and an acrylic block to mount them on, a Basic Gray Stampin' Spot, Dimensionals, cute little clips and twine.  Even though I do like the quality of the Crumb Cake envelopes in the Crumb Cake Note Cards & Envelopes set, the kraft envelopes in this kit are a nice warm-toned kraft, and the paper is a little thicker [think grocery bag kraft].

See that great patterned paper?  That's from this paper set from the Clearance Rack [I *love* this paper!]:



Sweet Dreams Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!
Coordinating colours: Basic Gray, Crisp Cantaloupe, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Sahara Sand and Whisper White


Some of this Clearance Rack kit's contents make an appearance on my card, too:


Tag A Bag Accessory Kit from Stampin' Up!
Coordinating colours: Basic Gray, Blackberry Bliss, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Hello Honey and Whisper White

This kit is only $4.79 CAD right now.  The regularly-priced Thick Baker's Twine in the store is $4.50 CAD for 15 yards.  This kit includes 60 feet [20 yards] of Whisper White Thick Baker's Twine, so the sale price for the kit is a great deal.  The spool is tall and skinny -- not like the one shown.

The regularly-priced supplies that I used are Brights Candy Dots, plus a sentiment and wood veneer butterfly from the Watercolor Wishes Card Kit.  I chose that sentiment because I liked how the curve of the word "HUGE" follows the curve of the die-cut!  You could use any embellishments and any sentiment that would fit, though.


Thanks for stopping by! :o)