Friday, September 04, 2015

I'm Always Here For You Card

Hey, folks!

Here to share this card I made...
 

A lot of times, I'll buy stamp sets if they remind me of Humble. :o)  The sentiments from Friendly Wishes remind me of him, so I had to get it!  It's one of my favourite items in the annual catalogue because of the sweet sentiments, the charming look of the stamp designs, and also because they're so great for inking with Stampin' Write Markers!

I mentioned before how much I love these markers -- they're so fun to use!  I find myself wanting to buy stamps that look like they'd be fun to colour with them.  The stamped impressions remind me of the kind of look I would get when I used to hand-carve my own stamps!  You may not be able to get a super-solid impression every time, but I think the look you get is very charming and has a lot of character.

Here's a closer look at the sentiment...
 

Here's a look at the stamp set I used:
 

Friendly Wishes Clear-Mount Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!
Friendly Wishes Wood-Mount Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!


Some of the other fun things I used:
 




2014-2016 In Color Stampin' Write Markers
Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack
Chalk Talk Framelits Dies
Banners Framelits Die
On Point Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Argyle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder



Crafting Tips & Notes:
  • Don't forget the old stuff!  As fun as all the new holiday supplies are, I have to say that my favourite page in the store is the Clearance Rack. :D  There are lots of amazing deals -- great if you're crafting on a budget.  The patterned paper and both of the embossing folders I used are things I got from the Clearance Rack!
  • Try using the debossed side from your embossing folders to get different looks from your folders!  After I embossed the Tangelo Twist banner with the Argyle folder, I ended up liking the debossed side more than the embossed side!

Thanks for stopping by -- hope you have a great weekend! :o)