Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Peaceful Pines Card [for Mojo Monday Challenge MOJO413]

Hey, folks!

Here is today's card share! :o)
 

I'm *really happy* with how this card turned out!  I was going for a "peaceful" look here. :o)  This is one of my favourite holiday cards that I've made so far.  My new favourite holiday colour scheme is Mint Macaron, Lost Lagoon, Real Red, white and natural white.  I just love those colours together!  For one of the snowy hills, I used watercolour paper because I love the texture. :o)

My card is based on this sketch from the current Mojo Monday challenge [MOJO413]:

 

I turned the sketch on its side.  I originally had another tree [slightly smaller than the two main trees there], and that was supposed to be my third "circle" on the card, but things were looking a bit busy, so I decided to make the tiny trees my third "circle".

I used the new Peaceful Pines Photopolymer Bundle, which is a really fun one because you can create lots of neat-lookin' trees.  My favourite die in the set is the one I used on the Lost Lagoon tree to add that dimension!  To add some red to the tree on the left, I just went over some of the words and designs with a Real Red Stampin' Write Marker [also in the Brights set and Many Marvelous Markers].

The super-fun, sparkly gold accents are from the Watercolor Winter Simply Created Kit [I used a die from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies set to die-cut the little star].  I also used the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder again -- I'm getting a lot of use out of that folder!

Here's a closer look at some of the new holiday items I used:

 

Peaceful Pines Photopolymer Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!


Perfect Pines Framelits Dies from Stampin' Up!

These two are also offered in a bundle!



Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies from Stampin' Up!


Thanks for visiting today -- I'll be back tomorrow! :o)