Monday, September 21, 2015

'Tis the Season Snowman Card [for Mojo Monday Challenge MOJO416]

Hey, folks!

Hope you had a great weekend!  I made a bunch of things over the past several days, so I'll have cards to share throughout the week. :o)  Today I'm sharing something I made earlier today for a challenge...


I'm really happy with how this card turned out! :o)  I used this sketch from the current Mojo Monday challenge [MOJO416]:


I've gotta say that no ideas came to mind at first...until I looked at the sketch sideways!  Then I thought, "SNOWMAN!" :D

I had to play around with the placement of his googly eyes and carrot nose a little because he looked a little creepy at one point, but I think he looks rather friendly now! :o)


Here are some of the things I used to make my card:



To build the snowman, I used three of the Circles Collection Framelits.  For the background, I used the Softly Falling folder [the debossed side].  I used Lost Lagoon 5/8" Striped Cotton Ribbon for the snowman's scarf and Silver 1/8" Ribbon along the left side of the debossed panel.

I drew on the snowman's smile. :o)  I stamped and die-cut the little holly using the Snow Place Photopolymer Bundle.  The stamped sentiment is from Peaceful Pines, and it was die-cut with a die from Square Pillow Box Thinlits.


Hope you got a smile here today, and thanks for visiting! :o)

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is positively adorable. Love your clever little snowman take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Mimi said...

Wonderfully executed! I saw a snowman too when I looked at the sketch! Good job.