Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Happy Birthday, Humble!! :o)

Hey, folks!

Today we celebrate Humble's birthday!! :o)  As a tradition, I like to include a handmade card and handmade little surprises with his gifts.  This year, I made this for him...



I just love him! :o)  I'm not sure if I should call him a box or a bag, so I'm calling him a box-bag. :D  I could fit two small gifts in there!  Here's another view of him...



I have him sitting on the bookshelf in our living room and keep smiling at the sight of him. :o)  I wanted to make a video showing how to make this, but my hands aren't healed yet.  The construction is not very difficult, though.  I used a cute die set from Taylored Expressions called Sack It Kitty -- this die set gives you the details of the cat but not the body.  Their Sack It sets are designed to be paired with their Sack It To You die, which makes a treat bag, but you're not limited to using them together.  I don't have the Sack It To You die, so I just used a Sizzix die to create the body of the cat, and I cut four pieces [two for the front of the kitty and two for the back just to make the box-bag sturdier].  For the sides and bottom, I cut a strip of matching paper -- all it takes is a bit of measuring, scoring, a little more scoring and some little snips to create tabs for attaching the strip to the front and back pieces.  Hopefully my hands will be normal-ish soon so I can make a video!

Here's the card I made for Humble this year...



I used lots of stickers and wanted to make his card fun and dimensional! :D  The card base is actually a trifold card that was in a kit I bought.  The heart lifts up, and then the polka dot part folds down.



I thought I would share a few more things that I made for Humble in the past!  Here's a shaped card from another birthday...



For this card, I used my favourite embossing folder: Paw Print from Darice!  Love that folder!  The adorable kitties are stickers from American Crafts. :o)

Here's a card I made for one of our adoption anniversaries...



I found this super-cute 12x12 cat paper from Best Creation's Meow collection, and I cut part of the paper for the front of the card and decorated the inside of the card with other images from the paper.  Since the little guy is taking a nap in his bed, I decided to make a 'dream bubble' using the Cloud Border die from Taylored Expressions.  I used Thickers for the sentiment -- these are my favourite Thickers, so I bought three sets [the set's called 'Kitten', too!].  Same Thickers I used on this year's card for Humble! :D

Here's a Christmas card I made for him...



To make this, I used the same Sack It Kitty set that I used to make this year's box-bag!  The hat is a printed die-cut, and I added some Flower Soft to it for texture. :D

I love making things for Humble...he means so much to me. :o)  Happy birthday, Humble boy!  I'm so happy you're in this world!